Sunday August 13th, 2006

Today is my last day in Hamilton ... tomorrow morning, bright and early, I'll be catching a plane to BC. My time here has been wonderful and I, luckily, managed to see all of my relatives except for one cousin! Coming from a family with 55 aunts, uncles and cousins, I'd say I didn't do too bad this time around. It was great to see everyone and hear about all the good things going on in everyone's life. Again, two weeks wasn't enough and I'm sure it will be another two years before I find myself back in this part of the world.


Toronto hasn't changed too much from what I remember ... my friend and I walked around for almost six hours taking in the sites. We walked the main streets, shopped through Kensington Market, took photos of the CN Tower, sat by the waterfront and watched the boats. We walked through the Steam Whistle Brewery and even stopped for a free sample glass. We went to a restaurant called Live which serves raw and vegan food ... if you find yourself in T.O., it's a must go taste kinda place.

My friend just returned from six months of travel through some great countries and the stories he told brought a smile to my heart and fond memories of the treks I've made thus far. Michael ... thanks for sharing your stories and your photos ... and keep on trekking.

After a long day cruising the streets of Toronto I found myself back home with a message waiting to be up and out by 830am the next day ... Niagara Falls, here I come! Well, 830am didn't happen ... Freda and I were out the door by 1030am instead. We made the drive to the falls and I had forgotten how unbelievable they are. It's just a mass rush of water ... amazing. I took a ton of photos and some video which I hope my students will appreciate. I stood in awe staring at the falls ... there isn't a word that begins to describe it's greatness. It's been years and years since I've been to that place and it was nice to get back to see it.


As for my food list, it still continues on with lots of yummy goodness ... turnip and roasts and Swiss Chalet and East Side Mario's and lemon meringue pie and spinach and wine gums and sour keys ... have I gained 10 pounds yet? Perhaps ...

Some new albums will be posted once I arrive at my Mom's ... keep your eyes posted.

2 comments :

Ratchy Ratch said...

I lived jsut outside of Hamilton for 6 months a few years back. The day before I left I realized that I hadn't even went to see Niagara Falls. In a mad rush me and my roommate from France (who was in the same predicament as me) raced down to the fall... at night... in the dark... in the rain... and we couldn't see anything...

At least I was there I suppose

Jennifer Turek said...

It is a beautiful place ... too bad you weren't able to see it better!