Thursday August 17th, 2006

I am sitting down with my lunch which consists of spinach and mushrooms and red onion and crushed almonds and mandarin oranges ... it's all topped with some greek feta type dressing ... mmmm ... it's like heaven in my mouth. I like the food here ... I don't like the cold. I am bundled up in my Mom's heavy track suit. She offered me a heating blanket last night and my thought was ... heating blanket in August? ... after a cold night, I've decided I may give it a go this evening. I hope I never get reclimatized to this weather ... it must be about 14 out there.

This morning, Bill and I ran to the storage locker and pulled out a lot of boxes which contain my life in Canada. I remember getting rid of so many things way back when but it wasn't nearly enough. I find myself left with so many boxes. This morning, I started with boxes of cards and letters and small knick knacks and photos that I've kept over the years. Some things I seem to remember like it was yesterday, while other things have left me feeling a bit clueless. It's hard to pick and choose what to take and what to donate.

It seems we aren't having the garage sale after all. I hear Victoria is a city of newlyweds or nearly deads. A website has been suggested to me called Used Victoria. I have spent the day going through boxes, writing down the contents and taking some photos here and there. Hopefully I can get rid of a good chunk, otherwise the women's shelter is laughing!

I, of course, have pulled out too many things to take back to Taiwan. As the next few days go on I will have to weed some things out. It was rather interesting to see what I had packed from so many years ago. My cousin asked me to write about the most interesting thing I found and at this point I can't come up with a good answer. I think the whole thing has been interesting ... it starts with birthday cards as far back as three years old.


It's signed, Aunt Jill, Uncle Terry, Eric and Sarah. They have two other kids, but I suppose at that point they weren't born ... funny. Well, back to digging I go. It looks like this is going to be a project and a half.

No comments :