Monday September 25th, 2006


It's hard to believe it's almost October ... plans have started for our Canadian Thanksgiving. It looks as though we will celebrate on Tuesday, October 10th as it's a holiday here in Taiwan. I hope we are able to find a turkey. We were successful in finding one last year ... at least this year we know where to start looking first. Mmmmm ... I can hardly wait ... turkey with all the fixings.

I was in 天母 (tian mu) this weekend with a friend. We made a stop at, perhaps, my newest favourite breakfast place. It's called Mary's Hamburger and it's full of yummy goodness. They have simple western style breakfast for cheap, cheap, cheap.


After breakfast, we went to one of the temples in 天母 as I'd like to start my photo collection up again. I still can't believe they're all gone. So many photos ... lost. Yesterday, I cooked up some 'I haven't been home all week and there are a ton of veggies in my fridge that need to be eaten before they go bad' fajitas. I went to turn on some jazz music as that's my favourite thing to listen to while I cook and I realized that it's all gone too. So sad.


It looks like the sun will join us today ... hopefully it's here to stay for the next while. We have certainly had our share of rain this year. I have a house guest coming on Wednesday and she will probably reside with me for the month. She is going to try a life here in Taiwan for the next two years. I hope she doesn't mind two crazy cats that run around like wild indians every morning at 7am. I will have to inform her that it might be best to keep her door shut!

2 comments :

Anonymous said...

Any relation, i wonder, to Hamburger Mary's (on Davie)?

Jennifer Turek said...

I thought about that myself ... but it's definitely not ... just a coincidence!