Tuesday September 12th, 2006

Sometimes, I love computers ... and on other days ... not so much. I thought of this great idea and I've been sitting over the computer most of the day trying to figure out the code ... I've been unsuccessful. I placed a slideshow on myspace.com and I'm pretty happy with the look of it. I've been trying to place the same thing on my blog, but with different photos, and it's just not turning out the way I'd like it to look. I've been playing with the codes for much too long to want to deal with them anymore.

As I am a new HTML learner ... trying to teach myself ... I am still very limited as to what I can figure out. Myspace code allowed me to see the advertising code, thus allowing me to remove it. If I try to post the same code on my blog, no dice. If I post the code the site gives me, I get this flashy advertising of where the slideshow was made ... and ... if you really like the slideshow, you can click the heart and rate it. Great, but not exactly what I'm looking for. I understand, of course, why they want to advertise on my site as it is their creation, but it's pretty tacky.

As one might be able to see ... I don't have much interesting to talk about these days. I've kinda been getting back into the groove of working and living life in Taiwan. It's been raining for days and when I say raining, that is putting it mildly. I'd say coming down in sheets might be more appropriate for the past weekend weather. In saying that, I was, however, able to get in three movies and my Chinese writing homework ... Uni starts in less than two weeks. I'm feeling a bit nervous about the whole thing ... and excited. I guess those are normal feelings when one is about to make a commitment of change.

As the slideshow didn't turn out to my desire, I guess I'll have to move to plan B. I'm not sure what that is at this time, so I'll leave you with a sneak peek ... damn computers! Speaking of ... the music on myspace isn't playing due to another site being down. Technology is this amazing thing ... yet, it's frustrating when I can't make things work ... I suppose like everything, it is far from being purrrfected. Gosh ... I must be turning into a cat.

So with that ... I leave you with a photo. It's back to working on plan A ... because right now there just doesn't seem to be a plan B.

In less than a month, I'll be heading to Disneyland in Hong Kong ... a picture with thoughts of that in mind ... guess who?!


Oh, Eeyore ...

4 comments :

Anonymous said...

Sometimes the blogs where you dont have much to say turn out to be the more interesting reads.

Jennifer Turek said...

Well, thanks ... I'm glad you think so!

Anonymous said...

jenn does that bring back memories...weren't you both adorable? I think I remember braiding your hair on the train to the park...Jenn have lots of soup juice and water and we hope you are feeling much better and back to your usual energetic self...

Jennifer Turek said...

Thanks, Mom! I am starting to feel better now that the doctor's drugs have kicked in. I'm sure I'll be back on feet tomorrow ... the extra day off work certainly helped.