Sunday November 26th, 2006

American thanksgiving was a busy day. Our school luncheon went well ... I think all the teachers enjoyed the feast. I managed to have two plates myself. After my two plates, I was invited to another feast that evening for a friend's work party. I wasn't sure where I was going to put it, but I accepted the invitation anyway.

My second turkey dinner for the day was much better than the first. The party was held in the late evening at a restaurant in Taipei called Cosmopolitan's. Yams, stuffing, mashed potatoes, green beans, bread, turkey, pumpkin pie, ice cream, wine ... it was all there. Needless to say, I had to roll myself into the taxi home.

And the luck continues as I was left with the remains from our school turkey lunch ... I made turkey soup this weekend. I will have a few friends by the house tonight to help share in the yummy goodness. I'm off to rugby now.

Not to rub it in or anything, but just so you know ... see the date above? I am in shorts and a tank with all my windows open ... the weather says highs of 29 today ... oh yeah! I'm feeling a tan coming on.

No comments :