An American Thanksgiving


I am thankful as I was able to celebrate Canadian thanksgiving last month. Today, we will be celebrating American thanksgiving at school. Two turkey dinners down and hopefully one or two more to go with Christmas coming up. Spoiled!

I spent the night preparing mashed potatoes, carrots and green beans for the sixteen of us that will be enjoying the feast today. I am hungry just thinking about it. The turkey, I believe, is being ordered in hot from Costco. Hopefully it will be good. I was at Costco on Sunday with a friend and I noticed they had a whole freezer full of turkeys ... seems there won't be any trouble getting our hands on one for Christmas.

My mom seemed to think that my last post was a bit negative ... that wasn't my intention at all. All I meant was that 2006 has been a great year ... 2007 has the potential to be better than great! I guess it's true that things get better with age!

I've got to get myself to school early today as I'm the one bringing most of the food. I'll bring my finicky camera and see how it holds up. Some days I get great shots while other days I get big blurs of nothing. A new camera will be in my possession soon. I am waiting for my monthly pay in December, then camera shopping here I come! Anyone want to shoot some suggestions my way?

Grumble, grumble ... got to get.

2 comments :

Anonymous said...

this window photo is truly awesome...please may I use it?

Jennifer Turek said...

Thank you! Who are you? And what will you use it for?