Wednesday November 29th, 2006

The sun has decided to join us today, I think. The weather says it's to be 25 - 29 ... though it feels a bit chilly out there. Winter is certainly arriving. This is my second winter with the cats and I've noticed their fur has become quite thick over the past few weeks. Last year, they lost a lot of hair awfully fast when summer arrived. I thought perhaps someone came in and shaved around their ears while I wasn't home. It's interesting stuff.

My turkey soup gathering was a great success. It seemed everyone was quite happy with the turnout as we all had two or more bowls. Vernon will be going to Australia for one month on the 13th, so we will be having a turkey dinner on his last weekend here. I am hoping he'll agree to give me the remains so that I can try another turkey soup. Perhaps a good way to stay warm and healthy over the winter.

This week has been a bit of a quiet one for me. With Doug being away on his honeymoon and my Chinese teacher cancelling our Wednesday evening class, it's left my schedule quite open. It's been a nice change. I've been getting into Lost in the evenings ... just finished watching season 1, episode 11. Each episode leaves me with a feeling of suspense ... it's great stuff!

Our Christmas trees are up at school and talks of activities are in the works. It's hard to believe it's that time of year again. Just when I was finally getting used to writing 2006 on the board, I'll have to soon start remembering that it's 2007. I don't know what I'll do for the new year. My thought is that I'll have to work on the first as it is a Monday.

Well, a sushi lunch is in order today so I best sign off and get ready. After a great cardio workout this am, I am starving! Mmmm ... sashimi.

No comments :