Disaster ...


... a sudden calamitous event bringing great damage, loss, or destruction ... a fairly good description of my little Levi.

Next week my classes will be writing their mid-terms. In preparation, my co-teacher has prepared all of the written tests to date for the students to write as review. They have been marked and corrected by my co-teacher. I brought them home tonight so that I know what areas to cover before the big day.

Halfway into the papers and what should I feel? My big glass of water all over my pants and some of the papers. I'm not sure what happened, but Levi tore away just after the incident and hasn't been seen since. She loves sticking her nose where it doesn't belong.

The papers will survive and the pants will dry. As the kids have written their corrections in ink, some smudges exist. It looks as though I'll have some explaining to do tomorrow. The kids are aware I have two cats at home ... they probably aren't aware of how disastrous one of them can be.

Half of my tablecloth is soaked wet with water, while the other half is dry. Thank goodness for the dry half being where I placed my new phone and new camera. I would've sent her packing if the water had've landed on either.

Trouble, I tell ya ... trouble ...

3 comments :

Anonymous said...

Wow, Levi has grown so much in the last year...she is quite beautiful, even if she is spoiled, Jenn.

Anonymous said...

I'd say thank goodness your glass wasn't filled with red wine! I've heard a rumour that red wine sometimes makes appearances in your glasses...

Jennifer Turek said...

Yes, that was my thought exactly ... the situation could've been much worse.