Friday March 30th, 2007

My taxi will be arriving in less than 12 hours ... I have a pile of stuff I am considering sitting on my bed. I'm sure it's more than I'll need and more than I'll be able to fit. I'll go back momentarily to lessen the pile. And then, perhaps, again. It's been a couple of years since I've done the backpacking thing ... I'm feeling a bit rusty as to how it all works. The one thing I remember clearly is that you don't really need much.

It all goes back to the thought of why people are so dependent on meaningless things. As I look around me, I have so much ... too much.

Today I am wearing shorts. It's 8:30pm and the weather says 26. Finally! Opening the building door, heading out into the day, was like walking into a heated oven. It was kind of nice, but it was also just ... hot. It made a great introduction for the next 12 days to come.

Time to go lessen the pile.

1 comment :

Anonymous said...

Have a wonderful, safe trip!!!