Spoiled in Singapore

It's nice to be back in the land of fresh clothes, hot showers and flush toilets. I have a few stories to tell ... I suppose I'll start at the beginning.

Last Friday I awoke with my first sinus infection of the year. I wasn't able to get much sleep that night as I couldn't breathe. Six thirty Saturday morning came much too early.

The ride to the airport was quick as was the wait to board. It wasn't until I boarded the plane that I realized my seat was business class ... things were starting to look better already. My movie of choice was Night at the Museum. For those that haven't seen it, it's highly recommended. At one point I had tears coming down my face. The flight attendant came over to make sure I was ok. All I could do was nod and point at the mini TV ... I was afraid I'd scream out with laughter if I tried opening my mouth.

The descent into Singapore left me feeling a bit delirious. Due to the sinus infection, my ears weren't able to pop. I couldn't hear much out of one ear for the whole of Saturday.

I was heading to the Grand Hyatt hotel to meet up with a long time Canadian friend, Mary. She has a four month gig there. Needless to say, I took her up on the invitation of stopping over.

I spent two nights with her before hopping another 6:30am ride ... I was heading to what I thought was going to be a small island in Malaysia called Tioman.

There isn't much to say about Singapore. Mary's per diem treated us to an exceptional dinner and after that it was off to spend the night at Brix. It was a night of talented musicians, great wine and cool people.

The following day some time was spent cruising the MRT, Little India and Chinatown. I treated Mary to an Indian food lunch which was so so good. As the night before was a late one, we went down for another amazing meal at the hotel, watched a movie and crashed.

The journey to Malaysia would come up early morning. I returned to Singapore on the last night of my vacation. A great ending to another amazing holiday in Asia. Gosh I like this place ... seems one can never go wrong over here.

1 comment :

ibig2007 said...

This site is very nice.
Good job...

ST.
http://favoritetravel.blogspot.com/