Sunday March 18th, 2007

It's been a quiet day so far ... today's rugby practice was called off due to rain although I've not seen a drop as of yet. I'm thinking our training was probably canceled due to a St. Paddy's day party or two.

Last night, I found myself at the Tandoor for a wedding. The bride and groom looked great and the food was excellent ... how can one go wrong with Indian!? After dinner, a few of us headed into the city for martinis.

A BBQ is planned for this evening ... mmmmm ... steaks. I have a ton of Chinese homework to get caught up on after dinner. Chinese has been going well. I am starting to feel more and more confident with each passing lesson. Studying is a funny thing ... some days it's so rewarding and on others ... frustrating.

Yesterday afternoon, I went to Wellman's Grocery in 天母. My friend was all giggles upon entering the store as it was her first visit. It's filled with a variety of things that one would think to be nonexistent in Taiwan. Betty Crocker chocolate chip cookie mix, refried beans, jalapenos, twizzlers, jelly beans, ricotta cheese, lasagna noodles and nutmeg were among the things that made their way into my bag home.

I also managed to pick up a tripod. I want to have one to take away so I can finally try out some of the advice I've been given in regards to night shots. Sunsets will, perhaps, be the focus of my island stay. As of right now I don't have a return flight, but I'm sure something will come up within the week. If not, I may have to catch me a boat back to Taiwan and be a little late for work.

Fingers are crossed.

2 comments :

Anonymous said...

Jenn...your photos are improving all the time. I can hardly wait to hear you converse with another Mandarin speaking person. Hope all goes well with your plans and you end up where you want...

Jennifer Turek said...

Thank you! I hope all goes well too.