Monday May 28th, 2007

It seems that all the rain we've been having as of late has been replaced by humidity. Last week was slow going ... I'm sure this week will be much of the same. It's easy for one to forget how hot it can get in the summer.

The past weekend was quite lazy. I did a bit of shopping late Saturday morning ... after that, it was all about staying home. I managed to get some things done around the house which I've been putting off for months. Gotta love procrastination!


Rugby practice went well on Sunday. We are learning some fancy moves. We have another game on the 10th of June and it seems our uniforms will be ready for it! There are two tournaments coming up ... Korea in September and China in November. I've said yes to Korea, if funds allow it. I won't be able to go to China as I'll be away.

My mom has booked her ticket for our November trip! Although it seems far away, I know the time will go quickly. She will be arriving in Taiwan on November 1st and will be staying for 5 days. At that time, we will both be on a flight to Vietnam. Most of our time will be spent on the beaches of the Vietnam coast, but we will hop a flight over to Cambodia as the temples are a must, must see! I didn't allow myself enough time last trip, so I am thankful for a second opportunity ... especially with my new camera!

An anonymous commenter, perhaps my mother, has requested a photo of me as a blonde ... this is what I was able to come up with:


It was all part of my muchly needed lazy weekend. I know muchly isn't really a word ... but when looking up muchly on the internet you get all kinds of neat information ... English always amazes me:

as much as, as much as anything (else), be a bit much, not be much to look at, be nothing much to write home about, not be up to much, a bit (too) much, not have much going for you, not have much time for someone/something, how much do you want to bet?, I thought as much!, make much of something, much ado about nothing, much less, not much to look at, nothing much, pretty much, so much, so much as, so much for something, so much so, so much the better, there's much to be said for, too much of a good thing, very much so, without so much as ...

and with that ... I sign off ...

4 comments :

Anonymous said...

Yowee! That tattoo looks like it must have hurt!! Great though!

Jennifer Turek said...

Thanks ... it wasn't so bad, it was quick.

Anonymous said...

It hardly looks like you,little miss.
Blonde hair and a Jason-like sketch...thank you. You sure look relaxed.

Jennifer Turek said...

I know ... I was relaxed!