Monday June 18th, 2007

Day three of the holiday .. dark clouds are starting to roll over 水蓮 ... thunder is rumbling. So much for sitting at the pool this afternoon. I have been on my balcony indulging in the Vietnam guide book I purchased yesterday. I am getting more excited by the minute. I know it's too early to start the countdown, but it's never too early to start the research.

Tomorrow Taiwan will be celebrating 端午節 (duan1 wu1 jie2) ... the Dragon Boat Festival. Friday, I found myself being told stories of why this holiday is celebrated and making 粽子 (zong4 zi) ... rice dumplings. It turned out to be an interesting day. I don't think I'll be heading to the races tomorrow ... I'm hoping to do some more hiking.


Yesterday, I was able to get out in the mountains. Some new photos are posted in the album on the right titled Summer of 2007. It begins ...

2 comments :

Anonymous said...

Jenn
The temple shots are amazing, you must have a good strong zoom on your camera. Imagine the time (not tomention love)it would take to handpaint the walls and ceiling of that incense burner. Is that the bird nest where the crazy Levi and Datsun teasers dwell???

Jennifer Turek said...

Thanks, Mom ... I do have a strong zoom, although I am still trying to learn how to use it correctly. Did you ever get the English manual for me?

That is the nest were the teasers dwell ... too funny!