Wednesday June 20th, 2007


I've been toying around the idea of buying a scooter. I've been renting for three years now and if you add it all up ... I've already bought a brand new bike ... and then some.

A new bike means new responsibilities ... a rented bike allows me the convenience of not thinking about much. Just pay and drive. With my Vietnam trip coming up, it seems that renting will still work out cheaper in the end ... for this year, anyway. As for next ... will have to wait and see.

I was told today that Malaria has been a rising problem in Vietnam as of late. I avoid news at all times but perhaps I'm going to have to break down and look into it. I suppose upon applying for visas we will be informed of precautions.

Chinese class went well tonight although my teacher told me I need to have more confidence. I'm not sure it's that I lack confidence, it's more that I often feel like I'm in Chinese Tongue Twisters 101. It's hard to keep it serious sometimes. My poor teacher.


To one of my oldest and dearest friends ... it's his birthday today ... ending for me and starting for you. Cheers to you. I hope you have a most excellent day!

3 comments :

Anonymous said...

Jenn
this photo is edited most excellently...you look pretty cute, too!

Jennifer Turek said...

Ha ... and do you like the hawk? It's just for you!

Anonymous said...

thank-you for your kind words... I should really check out your blog more often, bad friend!!! your pics look awesome and your lesson i'm sure will go over well, if i didn't already, I really enjoyed reading it... talk to you soon