Thursday August 16th, 2007

The email I received from the Canadian Trade Office today was this:

We have issued a travel advisory for Typhoon SEPAT.

Voyage.gc.ca

Typhoon SEPAT is currently a Category 5 Super Typhoon. While it is expected to decrease in intensity as it makes landfall in Taiwan in the early morning of
Saturday, August 18th, we would still like to remind Canadians in Taiwan to be
extra vigilant and to make necessary preparations as the storm approaches.
Canadians should also monitor local media and follow the advice of the local
authorities.

Should you any questions or if you require assistance ... and so on. I knew I should have stopped for groceries on my way home. I'm going to stop on my way home from work tomorrow and the shelves will be empty ... no fresh fruit or veggies to be seen. It's not a good time to have an empty fridge.


And there she be ...

Tomorrow is going to be a wet, wet day.

2 comments :

Anonymous said...

Hi Jenn

please stay safe.....
Love Aunt Bette

Jennifer Turek said...

Thank you ... I will be ... just need to get some groceries and some movies and some wine and I'm set ... ha.