Tuesday August 14th, 2007


It's been quite rainy the past few days. A big tropical storm has caused flooding in many areas of central and southern Taiwan. Trains have stopped running, highways have been closed. There have been reports of landslides with one death so far. Three thousand tourists are currently trapped on Green Island as all flights and sailings have been canceled. My friend's girlfriend happens to be one of those people. She said there is no food left on the island ... the grocery stores and 7-11s having been picked clean. With typhoon 聖帕 on its way, I wonder if there is going to be more delay and what will happen if there is.

Green Island is a small volcanic island off the eastern coast of Taiwan. I've not been there yet, it's certainly on my list. I always seem to leave the country when I have a vacation. I'd head there during my time off but it seems the rest of the country will be on holidays that same week ... makes for an already booked island.

I just finished watching the movie Bridge to Terabithia. I really enjoyed it and would recommend checking it out.

Three more full days of work and then it's back to smooth sailing. The last day of the semester is Friday. I'll have one more week of summer camp, which will take up 15 hours of my week ... and then ... holidays. I'm trying to decide if I want to cancel my language exchange, my Chinese teacher and my privates so that the week will be all mine.

I'm seeing a few day trips on the scooter, heading through mountains, making my way to the ocean for a swim. Typhoon season best be on pause. I have a camera that's dying to be used and some skin in need of sunshine.

Tomorrow will present another long day ... the countdown begins.

Three ...

No comments :