Manila


I spent Saturday night in Manila as I wasn't able to get a connecting flight to Palawan until the following morning. My co-worker made arrangements for her brother and his girlfriend to pick me up from the airport. Her family owns a house there and she said I should stay for the night. I took her up on her offer as being alone in a city is never that much fun.

My fabulous tour guides took me to Fort Santiago and to 'old' Manila. Both proved to be quite interesting. The streets were lined with old churches and religious signs seemed to be posted everywhere around the city.


After wandering the afternoon away, we picked up my other co-worker and his girlfriend. The three of us were taken to a popular restaurant to have our first try of Filipino food. It was 還好 and perhaps the only traditional food I tried.

We spent the evening watching American Gangster ... what a great movie! I went to bed around midnight as I knew 6:30am would come early. With a bright street light beaming in the window and crowds of people hanging around in the alley below partying it up, I found it difficult to sleep.

The morning presented the first of many cold showers to come. It is always a sure way to wake yourself up. My taxi arrived around 7am and like that, I was on my way to Palawan.

No comments :