Sabang


I landed at the tiny airport in Puerto Princesa around 10:30am. Murray and Jasmine were waiting for me upon arrival. As time seemed to be more of an issue than money, we hired an air conditioned van to Sabang. The hour and a half drive on a somewhat paved two lane highway went quick. We followed the sign to Sabang and the road was, perhaps, the most bumpy I've been on in my life. No wonder the driver stopped to pick up a spare tire along the way.

We were making our way to the Bambua Nature Park Resort. Although it wasn't located on the beach, it seemed the beach didn't have much to offer. We were only there for one night to check out the Subterranean River.


It was hard to get any shots of the underground river but it was one of the most impressive things I've come across in some time. As we'd arrived to Sabang late afternoon, we were the last tour of the day. It worked out more than perfect as we had the place to ourselves.

We met a group of three looking to catch a boat back to the main beach. Funny enough, we ran into them at our next stop and a few days after I continued up with them to the city after that.


I'd highly recommend a stop in Sabang ... especially once the road's complete. It's definitely in the works but sure it's still a long time coming.

No comments :