Saturday May 24th, 2008

It's still Friday night but the clock is reading 0:01. This is my first full blog on the MAC. I've not wanted to make the change as there is no backspace key on a MAC ... only a delete key. I use my backspace more often than not ...

That being said, my PC died again. I just purchased a new hard drive in December. It didn't come too cheap so I'm not overly happy. My PC is about 4 years old ... perhaps it's time to purchase a new one.

I just bought a new desk and computer chair. The desk is big enough to accommodate both computers which was the main reason it was purchased. I guess that's what one gets when they buy more than they need.

I've stopped reading the paper as it's too depressing. It's hard not to think of the disaster that surrounds me and the whole world, really. And as I sit here silently cursing this MAC for not having a backspace key, I'm reminded that I should be very thankful for the now too big desk, this computer and even the stupid delete key.

So ... American Idol. Yes, I'm going to admit that I've taken the time to download each one this season and I've watched them faithfully. Ninety seven and a half million votes ... I mean, really? Ninety seven and a half MILLION votes. Wow! That's mind blowing.

Over in Asia, I pay no attention to the news outside of the Taipei Times. I've done well not to find out before hand who's been given the boot. I don't get a torrent until well after it's aired in North America.

The season finale was highly entertaining although I did fast forward through a part or two ... or three. It brought out some great numbers like ZZ Top, Seal and even Bryan Adams ... but only because he's Canadian.

Today, while I was checking out the answers to yesterday's crossword puzzle on C.C.'s blog, I came across the winner. Who would've thought?! Although I was kinda upset, the show was still impressive.

The time is now reading 0:45. There's a big mixed touch tournament going on tomorrow afternoon. I'm really looking forward to it. I'm definitely playing although my knee has been not so well. I suppose it's because of the jogging and the beach volleyball and the swimming. I finally gave in and made an appointment at the hospital for Monday morning. It needs to be done as it's been five months since the original injury. I am finding the need to get back into shape and my knee is not allowing that so much.

In the few years I've been in Taiwan, I've never come to trust the doctors. I would say a good chunk of them aren't as qualified as they think they are. There are abundances of clinics scattered throughout the streets and lanes and alleys. I'm thinking a hospital is, perhaps, a safer bet.

We shall see ... and with that ... I'm off ...

No comments :