Tuesday May 27th, 2008

2:28pm ... I'm waiting patiently for the torrential rain to stop. The past week has been typical spring weather for Taiwan. The mornings are ridiculously hot and sunny ... the afternoon brings thunder and lightning which eventually leads to a massive downpour. I still have an hour and a half before I need to think about leaving ... it should be cleared up by then. If I'm lucky, the sun will make another appearance for the quick scoot to work.

I went to the hospital yesterday morning and had some x-rays done on both of my knees. The good news is that it's nothing too serious. He says I have patellar tendinitis, a.k.a. jumper's knee. I looked it up on the internet and found a ton of information. Apparently it's quite common. I'm relieved to know the cause of the pain, but not so sure I'm prepared to stop playing rugby. The doctor gave me some exercises to strengthen the area which should help it in the long run.

In the meantime, I'm back into swimming a few mornings a week. Hopefully this will shape up my knees along with the rest of my body. It's been four months since the injury and I've been out of routine exercise since then.

The thunder feels like it's shaking the whole house. Levi keeps making noises at me as if the loud rumbles are my fault. After all, she is trying to sleep. Ah ... the life of a cat ... I would trade any day ...

No comments :