Wednesday March 11th, 2009

It's hard to believe it was only a few short weeks ago that I was blogging about leaving this place. North and South are like night and day. It's a whole other world down here and it's one that I'm enjoying very much!

Since my last blog, I've been in Kerala. My first night was spent in Fort Kochi. It's a quiet area with not much to do. I only planned to stay the night as I was meeting a friend and we had planned to head down to Alleppey the following morning.

It was quite easy to get a public bus for the two hour journey. Upon arrival we tried booking a houseboat but realized it wasn't going to be as easy as we thought. We went to find a room for the night instead.

It took us a few hours in the afternoon but we were able to find a nice houseboat to take us out in the backwaters for two nights. It was awesome! There were three guys on our boat with us. One to do the driving, one to do the cooking and the other was our waiter. Talk about relaxing!

We got back from our tour early morning and decided to spend one more afternoon on a punting boat. It was a nice way to get a closer look at the backwaters. What a treat!

I now find myself back in Kochi, Ernakulam to be exact. I am scheduled to leave on a ferry first thing in the morning. My destination, Lakshadweep. I plan to do some diving and snorkeling along with some r & r.

I am currently reading Life of Pi by Yann Martel.

I have about six weeks left on my trip and they are going to go by quick. I find myself wishing I had more time. I guess that's always the way ...

No comments :