Mysore, India ...

Mysore turned out to be a great little city! The first day I spent orientating myself. The following morning I met an Australian girl named Vanessa. After our delicious and cheap malasa dosas, we headed out for a bit of an adventure.

I had planned on hopping two city buses about an hour and a half out of town to see a temple. She was keen to go with. The bus trip was quite easy and it seemed that most people were happy to help in showing the way.

The temple was small but so detailed. I am glad to have made the trip and was also glad for the company!

The following morning we were up and out at 7am to get an early start before the heat of the day. We caught another local bus up a hill which has a few temples. Our original plan had been to walk up the steps, but the bus didn't seem to stop there. We were driven to the top.

We did walk down and it was beautiful. Afterwards, we hopped in a rickshaw to the palace. I wasn't going to go inside as cameras weren't allowed and I've now seen so many that I thought it to be unnecessary.

I changed my mind and I was glad I did. It was the most beautiful palace I've seen in India so far ... stunning!

After the temple, it was off to the market. I got some great shots (I think) and I can't wait to see them on my computer.

After a long and busy day, I made my way to the bus station. I was on a bus scheduled to leave at 9:30pm heading to Kerala.

The bus ride was a bit insane. I'm very thankful to have made it in one piece. Had it been daylight I'm sure it would have been a beautiful drive. We zig-zagged up mountains and then back down and then back up again. I didn't get much sleep as the bus was often quite tilted ... to the left and then to the right.

Kerala is hot. It's almost 8pm and I'm covered in a thin layer of sweat. My skin is a nice chocolate brown though! I am about ready for cold shower number three.

I've met up with a friend and we will be leaving in the am to make our way to Alleppey. It is from there that we will rent a boat and spend a few nights in the backwaters. Should be relaxing!

I then need to return to Cochin as I've booked a tour over to the islands of Lakshadweep. That means it will be a week or so before I'm back online, I'd say.

Not many stories to tell. The south is so much different than the north. The food is spicier, yeah! The women actually work here and they talk to me, yeah! And the men don't constantly have their hands on their penis', yeah!

I've made plans for the remainder of my trip. It's going to go by quick and I feel as though three months isn't enough. I have so much more I'd like to see which means I may be destined to bring myself back to this crazy place!

Go figure!

No comments :