Tuesday April 7th, 2009

I am terribly behind in travel posts. It's hard to believe that in three weeks I'll be back at home. I suppose I'll be left with ample time to catch up on stories. And I'll finally be able to upload my photos! It will be nice to relive the trip through different eyes. So much has happened since I first touched down in Delhi.

Sri Lanka is a stunning place. I've been smack in the middle doing lots of hiking through mountains and tea plantations. I had no idea what a treat I was in for!

First stop, Kandy, a great town set in the mountains around a big lake.

After Kandy, it was an early trek starting at 2am up to the top of Adam's Peak. It was an amazing sunrise! It best have been after 5200 steep steps to the top.

It was then off to Nuwara Eliya for a day of rest. The tiny town sits 1200m about sea level and was a bit chilly for my liking!

After some rest and rain, a group of us awoke at 4am for another early start to
Horton Plains National Park. Another stunning place.

I now find myself in a place called Ella. Another very tiny mountain town where there isn't much to do. I am leaving on a bus tomorrow and heading out of these wonderful mountains, making my way to the coast.

More will follow at a later date!

1 comment :

Anonymous said...

sounds great Jenn. Can't wait for the pictures. Wow, you certainly had some early starts...
Have fun and be safe.
love mom