Sunday April 12th, 2009

I now find myself at a tiny beach resort in the south of Sri Lanka called Unawatuna. The guest house offers free internet which is a good excuse to write another post. It seems I don't have much to write about.

The food has gotten much better now that I am on the coast. Fish is widely available and it's ever so tasty. I spent the first two months of my trip being a vegetarian as meat isn't available so much in India ... especially in the north. It's been hard to keep the trend going here.

Cheap beer is widely available and it's nice to be able to drink it in the open. Most places didn't serve it in India and the ones that did, served it hidden in teapots or covered glasses. One of things I look forward to the most is a nice bottle of red wine. The first sip will be ever so sweet.

I leave Sri Lanka in about one week. I will, no doubt, stop at the duty free on my way back into India. I plan to head up to Darjeeling which will probably be somewhat of a cold mountain town. Some red wine running through my body will be a nice way to keep warm!

My tummy is starting to rumble at the thought of tonight's dinner. With that thought, I am off.

No comments :