Friday March 26th, 2010


While digging through my stuff looking for some documents, I happened to come across this. Way back when, my brother used to do art work for one of the English magazines here in Taiwan. This is one of his drawings.

About six years ago, I was teaching at a girls catholic high school with my long time friend, Pete. Our classrooms were side by side. My class had 25 students, give or take, and the girls ranged from grade 9 to grade 12. I gave them some of my brother's work and asked them to create stories around them. The one above was probably the most entertaining.

Living in Taiwan has been an amazing experience. It's hard to believe seven years has almost come and gone. I first landed in Taiwan on April 1st, 2003. The initial plan was to be here for one month. Some plans are meant to be broken, I suppose.

Today is my father's birthday and although he finds himself without internet access at the moment, I know he'll come across this note in the very near future. Happy birthday, Dad! I miss you and love you very much! I hope the day is everything you want it to be.

No comments :