Truth ...

It's funny. As life passes me by, it becomes more and more apparent of how important truth is. Truth has this ability of being mind-blowing yet shattering. It couldn't be more important yet sometimes it's the last thing we want to comprehend.

I'm about to share a truth.

Living in Asia tends to have an ability of keeping me out of tune with what many would consider 'the real world'. I've been following American Idol for the past few years. Yes, I know ...

There are many things I like about the show and I feel like it keeps me a bit in the know with what goes on on the other side. I'm not sure it sets the best example of life over there, but it's something that brings a little of what I'm used to into life over here.

A few days behind due to waiting for torrents and downloading time, I found myself in tears tonight watching an episode of 'Idol Gives Back'. I don't know much more information than what the program offers but they have some footage of Africa that just breaks my heart. After conquering a three month journey of India, Africa has been in the back of my mind.

As I glance up at the map above me, I can see that India is so small in comparison. Three months wouldn't begin to touch on the experiences that place has to offer .... years, perhaps ...

I have many hurdles to jump in the process but I continue to move forward ... daring to dream ... knowing that everything IS possible in this thing we call life ...

1 comment :

Carl said...

I watch Idol and especially extravagant cooking shows for the extravagance and excess make for great spectacle. But I don't long for that kind of fame or luxury- rather It serves to remind me how not to behave