Wednesday June 23rd, 2010

I had an interview last night for a new private class which I successfully obtained. The interview was held in one of the newer communities just down the hill from mine. When my taxi pulled up to the building, the concierge opened the door and then froze, unsure of what to do. In English, he welcomed me to Taiwan. When I spoke back to him in Chinese, he was temporarily confused. I repeated my words once again as he let out a huge sigh of relief.

Welcome to Taiwan. Ha! I remember first touching down in 2003 and everything was so unlike anything I had known. The dampness in the air. The scents of the city. The constant noise that surrounds such density. It was fascinating then and still remains now. Not a day goes by where I don't find myself pleased to be living life in such an exciting place. That being said, there are a lot of things I don't understand about Taiwan and probably never will but that's part of what makes it so special.

Love it or leave it.

Seems that I'm choosing to stay ...

No comments :