Sunday June 20th, 2010


Father's Day in Taiwan is celebrated on August 8th each year. The month of August is (ba1 yue4). The number eight being (ba1). If you were to put the eighth month and the number eight together you would get the sound (ba1 ba1). Father in Mandarin is 爸爸 (ba4 ba). Same sound different tones hence the date of celebration. It's almost impossible to buy a Father's Day card in this country in June!

To my dad ... I hope you have an excellent day! It's hard to believe it's been three and a half years since I last saw you. I'm a bad daughter, I know. It's unfortunate the place I love to be is so far from the place I grew up. The thing is, no matter how much time passes, the moment we are together it's as though we were never apart.

I miss you and am really looking forward to seeing you! Only a few more months to wait! Love you. ♥

No comments :