Are stairs a better option?

Monday evening.

As the elevator arrives, a man comes in the door and joins me for the ride up. He looks at me and asks if my leg is broken. I told him it was. I continued to tell him that I was playing ball when it broke neglecting to say what kind of ball. The common response I get when I tell people it was from dodge ball is ... 'that's a kid's game'.

He asked me how long it had been since it happened and I answered two months. His next question I didn't understand but it could have been about a cast. In looking up cast on the yahoo dictionary, I can't find a character to match what he said, so hard to say. Making the assumption that he said cast, I told him I didn't have one at which time he bends over, grabs hold of my leg and lifts it to examine it from the side.

Ummm ... hello?

He lets it go gently as I tell him the doctor said I have another month before a full recovery. Thank goodness I don't feel any pain from it. One month ago that would've caused a painful cry, I'm sure.

Who just grabs a stranger's injured leg in an elevator and lifts it to have a look anyway?! Weird.

Taiwan ... ♡

2 comments :

Admayng said...

NOT on. That dude needs a telling off. Unless he was saving your life, it is not proper to grab a stranger's body, period.
Let alone the fact it's a man grabbing a woman...?
Unh uh.

Not your job to be polite there.

AND you had just told Einstein it was BROKEN!!!

Jennifer Turek said...

I know, right?! Honestly, he meant no harm ...

and I'm not sure of the question he asked me just prior to picking my leg up ... I will ask my teacher tomorrow to see if he can help me to know what the word might have been ...

It's been a weird couple of days in the elevator for me ...