Semester 2: PRO 6 - CON 2

Friday went quick at the university only having Sociology in the morning and my afternoons off. And by off I mean having a Chinese class and then teaching two private students taking me to 9pm each night.

We spent our first class understanding a sheet of classrooms rules, then making our own and taking a vote on the ones that seemed most important. Were any of them followed throughout the semester, you ask? No, of course not.

We spent another class on how to read a textbook and the lesson came with handouts and everything. Awesome. That same day, we were given a revised list of the classroom rules as if they were of importance.

The professor was from Taiwan and although she had lived in the states for ten years one wouldn't be able to tell so much. I would imagine her and I to be very similar in age give or take a few years.  It was interesting to be taught Sociology from a different mindset.

Her lectures were kind of boring but made sense. Her PPTs were taken directly from the textbook. She pretty much gave us the answers to memorize for both of the exams. I scored 100% on the mid-term. Who does that in university?

All that being said, I give this class a PRO. The above only reflects the awesomeness in the Taiwanese education system. Note sarcasm. It's affordable but questionable.

I did learn a lot in this class mostly via self-reading. I have the same professor next semester for Environmental Studies or something to that degree. My fingers are crossed for more perfect exams.

I am a genius.


Year 1: done.

Semester 1: PRO 6 - CON 2.   GPA - 92% - 5th in my class.
Semester 2: PRO 6 - CON 2.   GPA - 94.67% - possibly 1st?!

Continue on? ✔

No comments :