Saturday April 29th, 2006

Rain, rain, go away ... it has been raining for what feels like months. I think this is quite unusual for Taiwan. I had a private in 師大 (Shida) area the other night ... it's on the other side of town ... took me about an hour to scooter home. I had on my winter coat and my big full length rain jacket, however, I still managed to get soaked. Even my tank, the bottom of 4 layers, had some wet spots on it ... unbelievable. Fingers crossed for some sunshine over here already!

My Saturday private canceled again ... I don't get the impression he's too serious about wanting to learn English. I don't think I'm too serious about wanting to work on Saturdays, so this may turn out to be a good relationship.

I'm having a real laugh tutoring the two sisters, Alice and Angel. We get to use some Chinese in our classes and the one sister is probably too polite to say anything while the other tells me I speak horrible Chinese. It's not overly encouraging, however, her English is very poor so we kinda get to laugh at each other. Through all the laughing and miscommunication, we both learn a little more each week. She's helping me with my tones, I'm helping her pick up a vocabulary.

I got my schedule for summer camp ... I think it's going to be fun this year. So fun in fact, that I may take my one month vacation in October rather than August. As the kids will be spending one morning a week learning hip hop dancing, we will have one morning a week off. One morning involves swimming and one morning involves golf ... the same as last year ... but this year we have an actual overnight camping trip planned. There's rollerblading and scavenger hunts and rock climbing ... fun, fun, fun!

Talks of going away parties for Brother J and Spring have started. Should be some good times over the next short while ... it will be sad to see them go. A small group will be heading up to 花蓮 (Hualien) in a few weeks ... we will go for the weekend. As we can't really take any extra time off, we will probably train it up there and then rent scooters. The ride up last time was great, but it was a serious trek through 3 mountain passes.

Anyway ... I hope to get some good photos over the next while of some faces rather than scenery. Eyes posted. Seems the rain has stopped ... this may be a good opportunity for a grocery run. With a kitty purring in my lap, as always, it makes it hard to motivate myself to want to go anywhere.

1 comment :

Jennifer Turek said...

If you want to email me with more information, I may (or may not) be able to help you out ...