Sunday April 23rd, 2006

It's been awhile since I've written, so I thought today I best put down some words. I've been pretty busy as of late with not much going on other than work and studying. Due to the fact that I've been so busy, I've decided to post an ad to hire a housekeeper. Now, in saying that, I feel a tad lazy that I can't do it myself. The thing is, having a 34 ping apartment with all white tiled floors and two little kitties that like to get into this and that, the floors get dirty quite quickly. With all my new found work, I am thinking I can afford the money to hire someone until the work slows down ... it's time consuming to keep this place clean and time is something I can't afford at the moment. I would like to use my balcony a lot more this summer ... I have a small bbq and next weekend I hope to buy a small table and chair set. It'd be nice to have someone keep it clean as there is a constant breeze up here ... as one might imagine, it tracks in a ton of dirt. To hire someone to keep the windows and balconies and floors clean would be a ton of help.

What to talk about today?

I know ... I'll talk about the family of cats that live outside. As you may or may not know, Taiwan is full of strays. When I moved in, there was a family of 5 ... mom and dad and three wee ones. Someone in my building feeds them regularly ... unfortunately some days it's rice and fried who knows what ... not too good for their digestive systems, I would think ... but, hey, they aren't going hungry, right?

One of the kitties looked a lot like Levi, but he had this fat little tummy ... probably from all the rice. He was the friendliest of the group, always letting me give him a bit of a tickle on my way by. Unfortunately, a few months back, I saw him laying dead at the end of our drive. I felt sad that the little guy had no one to love him and keep him safe.

Anyway ... the father often comes up on my balcony ... has been ever since I've moved in. He sits on the balcony and stares in the window. I haven't fed him as I don't want him to think he can come here for food. My cats get a good run around the house when he's visiting.

The reason I am talking about this now is because as I sit here typing, the two kittens are outside staring in at me. This is their first visit. My cats are on the inside staring out at the them.

I was going to buy two harnesses and some leashes to allow the cats out on the balcony this summer ... however, if the outside kitties can find their way up, that means my little guys will be able to find their way down. I don't want them to be outdoor cats, but something tells me this summer ... they are going to find their way out. If it's one thing I've learned about cats ... they aren't as stupid as they look. They are extremely curious which allows them the ability to figure things out when they play with it long enough. They do know how to push open the light screens I have on the windows here. I know if they get out, they'll be back before I know it ... it's going to make for an interesting summer.

I've taken on a new private for the next 6 - 7 weeks. Her name is Davis and she has three cats. She runs a website for cat lovers. It's only been up and running for 2 months and it already has 600 members and has had 60,000 hits ... pretty crazy. She has invited me to a cat party on the 6th of May. She says she rents a lunch bar and about 50 people come and everyone brings their cats. I can't even imagine. She has hired me on as she is on her way to NYC in June to promote her website ... she has six weeks to talk with me about cats, cats and more cats ... who could ask for a better gig than that?



Love them.

No comments :