Monday August 21st, 2006

Used Victoria seemed to be a success! I had so many responses that I decided to hold a garage sale out front of Mom's building on Saturday morning. I sold most of my things, leaving me with about $400 in my pocket ... needless to say, I am thrilled. I will be taking the rest of my CDs to a second hand shop where I hope to get a little more money for them.

I have a pile of knickknacks that I'll be taking back to Taiwan with me ... I am hoping they will fit into my two bags. I have also left a few choice things here with Mom. Other than that, everything I had here ... gone. It's amazing how one can close up a chapter of their life and start onto the next. I suppose I'm three years into my new chapter already. I never imagined I'd stay in Asia for as long as I have.

British Columbia has been great so far. I stayed two nights with my friend, Jody, upon my arrival. We cruised the Sea Wall which is one of my favourite things to do while in Vancouver. We also visited one of my favourite restaurants ... Cafe Luxy. It was delicious!


It has been a bit cold here for my liking ... the breeze is so chilly. I do miss the sounds of the ocean, however. The west end of Vancouver has changed a lot in my eyes. I can't believe the number of homeless people around. It's sad and depressing and not a place I'd choose to live in anymore. Who needs to see all that unhappiness everyday. It's hard to believe the city can't do something to clean it up ... it's making a beautiful city into a very unappealing place.


I know I said in an earlier post that I'd post some new albums of my time in Ontario, but I haven't had the time and Mom's internet connection is too slow. I will work on it once I get back and settled in Taiwan. I hear Taiwan has been having a heat wave ... I am very much looking forward to it!

I have three days left in Victoria before heading back to Vancouver. Today, a few of us are going out hiking ... it should be fun! Victoria is a place I could see myself moving back to ... it's a place with lots of character and beauty.

I guess that's all for me for now. I'll leave with one last photo ... swinging on one of my most favourite swing sets. I must admit, while I was in Melaka, Malaysia, I found a swing set that topped the one on the Sea Wall. It was bigger and better ... amazing! I love swings!

No comments :