Saturday, September 23, 2006

What a week ... unbelievable ... I don't even know where to start. After all that fever nonsense last week, things got a bit worse. Monday, I tried to carry on my day as normal. It started by me taking my computer into ASUS as my DVD player wasn't reading discs. As it's still under warranty, they replaced the DVD, told me it was working and sent me on my way. As one would assume them to be the experts, I didn't bother to check and ... went on my way. Upon my arrival home, my computer was dead ... a black screen with a whole lot of nothing. ASUS is on the other side of the city and I didn't have time to go back, so I made a plan to go back first thing the next day.

Tuesday arrived and I still wasn't feeling much better. I had an appetite which allowed me some energy, but I had what I thought to be allergies. So, Tuesday am, back down to ASUS I go. When one of the techs looked at my computer, he told me it was definitely a virus. I argued with him, stating that my computer was in fine working order until they replaced the hardware yesterday. He said they'd see what they can do, but there is a good chance it's a virus and that they will have to gut my computer and start over. They decided it best to keep it for three days. Am I a backer upper kinda gal, you ask? ... Nope.

Next stop ... the hairdressers. My hair is flamin' red ... a bit more red than I would've liked, but it seemed to match my red, itchy eyes at that stage. After the hairdressers, I went to Wen Hua. I filled out the rest of my application, paid my money and was very excited to know I was to start Uni on Monday. In asking the lady about my class time, she told me class was at 1pm. Huh? I told her I needed to be in one of the two morning classes they offer as I teach in the afternoons. She told me that not enough students applied for the semester, so there is only one class at 1pm ... she gave me my money back.

Wen Hua has new semesters starting every three weeks, but who knows if they'll have enough students? I will be looking into going to Shida. Although the course is a bit more expensive, it's a very well known Uni and a lot of people attend classes there. I am sure to be guaranteed am classes, now it will be a matter of when they start.

After Wen Hua, I made my way to the doctors as the sniffles and the red eyes were driving me crazy. Upon my arrival, the doctor informs me that it isn't allergies ... it is, in fact, pink eye ... or maybe better known as Conjunctivitis ... oh brother. The doctor told me I must stay out of public places for the next three days. I went to school to explain my situation ... they sent me home.

So, now I'm at home ... still a bit unwell and with no computer? For those that aren't aware ... my computer is my stereo, my radio, my TV, my DVD and my information source. You take this away and it leaves me with some beautiful mountains to stare at and two cats to play with. After day number two, I'm sure the cats were becoming quite annoyed with me.

I was able to pick up my computer yesterday and it was empty. All my photos ... gone. I know there are a lot worse things to lose in life, but it's still a bit of a bummer. Thank goodness for blogs and photobucket. I will make sure to upload all of my photos to the internet so that I won't come across this problem again.

Last night, I spent the night at my friend's place. Vernon is a man who knows his way around the computer and I send a big thanks to him. He stocked me up with a bunch of goodies ... a bunch of new goodies, in fact. So, I suppose with a little bit of bad, there always comes a little bit of good.

I am off to make some more changes to my new system ... seems to me, at the moment, there are way to many bells and beeps going on. Must customize and remove!

No comments :