Happy Halloween!

The weather isn't looking too promising today. I have most of the day off, although I do have some errands to run. The past few days have been busy. The party on the weekend was a blast ... I know I said some pics were to follow, but I didn't really take any. I'll see if I can't come up with something in the next few days.

Rugby on Sunday was great. Our coach is from South Africa and he brought an aerobics instructor for our warm up. We did lots of drill work which showed us how to pass the ball correctly. The rules of the game were explained within the drills and we were able to get a few games in. I've learned that one game of Rugby is 14 minutes long. There seems to be a lot of running involved so I assume that's why it's so short. I may try to download a game so that I can see what it's supposed to look like.

Most of us are new to the sport, so it's all a bit confusing at the moment. We are looking for a sponsor and we are going to have some uniforms made up. The coach thinks it will be the New Year before we are able to challenge another team, but that's okay. I hear there are teams all over Asia and if we are willing, we may travel to places like China or the Philippines to play a few on the weekend. We have called ourselves the Black Panthers.

My Chinese class is going very well ... my new teacher is coming to my house on Monday and Friday mornings. He has taught me some great things so far and has already helped me to have a better understanding. We are already on Chapter 5. My writing is improving more and more each day and I am finally starting to remember how to write a lot of them. It's a pretty cool thing.

And with that ... I'm out.

1 comment :

Adamcbradway said...

You and Rugby, never thought i would read that, but that is pretty cool. Always an interesting read at "a day in the life".