Moving forward ...

I hadn't planned on going to Hampi but I'm so glad I did! What an awesome place! It was hard to drag myself away from it in the end. I find myself in Mysore now after a sixteen hour overnight trek. I'm a bit tired today!

The train ride from Goa to Hampi was beautiful and the train was packed with other travelers which was a nice change. I met two guys, Tom and Ash, from England and we ended up rooming together for 100Rs each.

The landscape in Hampi is fascinating. I'm not even sure I can properly begin to describe it. It's loaded with old temples, ruins and big boulders which oddly balance on smaller ones. It's almost desert like, yet beyond the piles of boulders are greener than green fields containing palms, banana trees and rice fields. Truly a sight to see!

I ran into two of the girls I had met on the camel safari in Jaisalmer and ended up spending some time with them after my new English friends left back to Goa. There was so much to do in Hampi that we rented push bikes one day and scooters on another.

I am back in the city now and I'm hearing honking galore from the street below. My time is almost up. I have a great story about stolen shoes which I hope to get in type tomorrow.

I've decided it's best to stop trying to understand the ways of India and to just take them in as best I can ... with a smile!

2 comments :

Anonymous said...

Hi Jenn
We are so glad that all is calming down. Most people that I have talked to about India say the the south is less aggressive, using your word. You must enjoy the comments of encouragement on your blog.
I can't wait to see your pictures. Are you going to leave India or will you spend your whole 3 months there? Or have you not as yet decided.
Just happy to hear that you are happy and safe. What do you mean by push bicycles? The kind we had in Vietnam?
I hope it was not your new Canadian-expensive-postage shoes that were stolen....
love mom

Anonymous said...

hi, J,

很高興你又找到跟印度相處的方式!
旅行,就是為遇見更多的人,多跟一些旅行者聊聊,你會發現世界是很有趣的。

寛心 自在

juliana